Changing up your Skincare For Fall
October heralds a change of seasons from the warm days of summer to the crisper days of fall. And, just as you change wardrobes with the seasons — packing away summer dresses and sandals and bringing out coats and boots, so, too, must you change your skincare. Think of fall as a time to nourish your skin.
With that in mind, richer, more deeply nourishing moisturizers should be added to your beauty arsenal in order to boost your skin’s moisture intake. If you use a lotion during the warmer months, it’s time to switch to a cream-based moisturizer packed with much-needed nutrients.
And, while exfoliating is important all year round, it’s particularly recommended during the cooler months to prep the skin (by getting rid of dead skin cell buildup) for optimal moisturizer absorption right after. The general rule of thumb: exfoliate twice weekly to maintain a radiant complexion.
When it comes to cleansing, opt for a cleansing oil (even if you have oily skin) at this time of year to preserve your skin’s natural moisture while still gently getting rid of makeup and daily buildup. Since there’s less humidity in the air, you want to infuse your skin with as much hydration as possible. Remember, all beautiful skin starts with proper cleansing.
1. Clarins HydraQuench Tinted Moisturizer, $44. Replenish thirsty skin with this intensively moisturizing serum containing hyaluronic acid, katafray extract, Inca peanut extract and Sorbier bud extract, which reinforce the skin’s barrier to prevent dehydration.
2. Stivectin Replenishing Cleanser, $29. This rich yet gentle cleanser removes impurities while restoring moisture levels and essential oils.
3. Clinique Repairwear Intensive Eye Cream, $50. A potent moisturizer for the delicate skin under the eye. Targets fine lines and wrinkles.
4. Shiseido Future Solution LX Concentrated Balancing Softener, $90. Infuses generous moisture into the skin, leaving it supple, even and refined. Softly exfoliates, optimizing the penetration of any following skincare.
5. Estée Lauder Vérité Moisture Relief Crème, $58. An intensely moisturizing cream for the most sensitive skin is formulated without irritants like alcohol and fragrance.